Gender Discrimination in the Workplace
Employers are not allowed to make decisions that are based on assumptions or stereotypes when it comes to an employee’s gender or sexual orientation. There are also laws that prohibit any type of retaliation against an employee who endures or reports discrimination because of gender.
Even with all the laws in place and social reform, many companies continue to discriminate based on gender. According to a study done by Hired.com, although the gap is narrowing, wage inequality still exists in the workplace.
Many businesses continue to promote men more frequently than women, pay male employees more, and are more hostile to women in the workplace.
Sex and Gender Discrimination Is Illegal and Wrong
Although discrimination is illegal, it still remains a difficult battle to fight and win. It’s important to have the best gender discrimination lawyer to help you make your case and stand with you.
Here are a few examples of ways that an employer could discriminate based on gender:
- Failure to hire a person because “it’s a man’s job” or “it’s a woman’s job”
- Not hiring someone because of their gender rather than their actual qualifications
- If two people are equally qualified for a job and a promotion is given to one based on gender
- Not promoting a woman to a managerial position because they have only been filled by men in the past
- Not promoting, hiring, or advancing a woman in the company because of child-rearing concerns, pregnancy or breastfeeding
- Laying off a woman because a man needs the job to support his family
- Promoting someone who is less qualified for a job simply based on gender
- Paying a man more for the same job
- Not providing opportunities to one gender, such as not giving them high-powered clients or giving them leads that are less desirable
- Treating a woman unfairly when returning to work from a pregnancy leave
- Not providing health insurance for male spouses of female employees
Hiring The Best Gender Discrimination Lawyer Dallas, TX
No one should have to tolerate discrimination based on gender in the workplace. You should hire the most experienced and affordable gender discrimination lawyer Dallas, TX has to offer. Matt Scott will fight for you and seek compensation if you have experienced any type of discrimination at your place of employment.
It’s important that employers who allow or engage in discriminating against employees based on gender be stopped and any victims be compensated.
What You Can Do About Retaliation In The Workplace
There are both federal and state laws that prohibit an employer from retaliating against any employee who complains or files a suit about any kind of discrimination. These laws will protect employees who witness and report the discrimination of other employees as well.
If you have witnessed or experienced gender discrimination, sexual harassment, or any other type of unlawful discrimination in your place of employment, you should contact Matt Scott, an experienced Texas employment attorney.
It’s important to contact a lawyer as soon as possible when dealing with discrimination or retaliation in the workplace as there are strict deadlines or “statutes of limitations” in place.
Getting The Compensation You Deserve
If your rights have been violated and you have been discriminated against because of your sex or gender, Matt Scott will investigate your claim and work diligently to acquire a timely settlement or trial to help you get the compensation you deserve.
You can call the Scott Law Firm today or click the contact button below to have a consultation about your case.
We are dedicated to putting an end to sex discrimination, protecting your rights, and obtaining the compensation you deserve.